Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Smart snacking


I have a sweet tooth. Ok, actually, I think I may have a whole mouthful of them. That makes trying to eat healthy and low fat difficult to say the least. I came up with this recipe and when I want a little indulgence without a lot of (dare I say it?)...crap in it, I make this.

1 8oz container of fat free cream cheese-organic if you can find it =)
4 oz of non fat strained greek yogurt- I love fage! pronounce fah-yea
8 oz pure pumpkin-not pumpkin pie filling
2 tablespoons of Erythritol-I use Organic Zero
6 packets of Stevia
1 Tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
juice of 1 tangerine
zest of 1 tangerine

mix all the ingredients together (it helps if you heat the cream cheese and pumpkin and then add the stevia so it doesn't clump)and chill -serve with apple slices, ginger snaps, toasted bagel chips or graham crackers.
the sip is 55 calories per serving- (8 servings) and averaged about 125 when you add the cookies or apples.

enjoy =)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds SO yummy! Can't wait to have some pumpkins and try it! Thanks for the wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm! That does sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete